PlexBright Optical Fiber Cleaning Kit
Plexon wants to ensure that researchers get the most from their PlexBright equipment for the longest use possible. Accordingly, we have assembled the PlexBright Optical Fiber Cleaning Kit recommended for enhancing the performance and life of high performance optical connectors and fiber tips within the PlexBright System.
Prior to assembling any PlexBright equipment in the light path, we strongly recommend cleaning each connection interface. Interfaces include the:
- Fiber end as it exists on the PlexBright LED Module,
- Fiber end of the PlexBright Optical Patch Cable where it will connect to the PlexBright LED Module,
- Fiber end at the distal end of the PlexBright Optical Patch Cable (bare fiber tip or at the end of a ferrule),
- Fiber end of the proximal end of the PlexBright Fiber Stub Implant, and
- Fiber end at the distal tip of the PlexBright Fiber Stub Implant (very carefully).
Connection interfaces free of contamination will yield far better light transmission and thus, greater output intensities.
For your convenience, the PlexBright Optical Fiber Cleaning Kit contains a specialized cleaning solution that is very effective when used on optical fiber and two types of lint-free wipes specifically chosen for this application.
Whether you order the PlexBright Optical Fiber Cleaning Kit or use another solution, it is important that the fibers are properly maintained to get the most out of them.