2014 Workshop Guest Speakers Announced
Workshop dates: March 17-20, 2014
The planning for the 2014 Annual Plexon Neurophysiology and Behavior Workshop is well under way and we are thrilled to announce the panel of guest speakers for the Spring as follows:
- Neural recording with OmniPlex: Farran Briggs, PhD, Dartmouth Medical School, Department of Physiology
- Optogenetics with PlexBright: Philip Tovote, PhD, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research
- Behavioral research with CinePlex: Huijing Xu, MS, University of Southern California, Center for Neural Engineering, and
- Specialty probes featuring the U- and V-Probe: Alex Huk, PhD, University of Texas at Austin, Center for Perceptual Systems, Institute for Neuroscience
Each speaker will be sharing their personal experiences using Plexon equipment in their labs and providing tips and tricks for the best results. For more information, email email@example.com.
PlexBright™ / JoVE Contest Planned for Next Year
Early this year, we ran the first JoVE Publication Grant Contest focused on research conducted using the OmniPlex® Neural Data Acquisition System. Rebecca Burwell’s lab at Brown University won and the final article should be available in the coming weeks online!
Due to its popularity, we are going to run a second Publication Grant Contest in partnership with the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE). This time, however, we will be soliciting abstracts for research conducted using the PlexBright™ Optogenetic Stimulation System. So, calling all labs that have PlexBright equipment! We will begin the contest in the first half of the year, collect abstracts for six weeks and then select a winner who will have their research published in text and video formats for all to see – a $4,200 value!
This early announcement should allow many of you to generate enough data for an abstract by the time of the actual contest. Watch for the next announcement. Good luck!!
Let us know about your 2013 publication citing Plexon and our equipment and we will send you a thank you award with a mug and a T-shirt! Send notices, address and T-shirt size to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All articles listed are alphabetical based on first author within two categories: articles published online in electronic-only journals or ahead of print, and articles published in full print.
Recent articles published online in electronic-only journals or ahead of print:
- Brunet, Nicolas, Conrado A. Bosman, Mark Roberts, Robert Oostenveld, Thilo Womelsdorf, Peter De Weerd, and Pascal Fries.”Visual Cortical Gamma-Band Activity During Free Viewing of Natural Images.” Cerebral Cortex (2013): bht280.
- Iwasaki, Mai, Thomas M. Poulsen, Kotaro Oka, and Neal A. Hessler. “Singing-Related Activity in Anterior Forebrain of Male Zebra Finches Reflects Courtship Motivation for Target Females.” PloS one 8, no. 11 (2013): e81725.
- Fishman, Yonatan I. “The Mechanisms and Meaning of the Mismatch Negativity.” Brain Topography (2013):1-27.
- Lison, H., M. F. K. Happel, F. Schneider, K. Baldauf, S. Kerbstat, B. Seelbinder, J. Schneeberg et al. “Disrupted cross-laminar cortical processing in β amyloid pathology precedes cell death.” Neurobiology of Disease (2013).
- Middlebrooks, Paul G., and Jeffrey D. Schall. “Response inhibition during perceptual decision making in humans and macaques.” Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics (2013): 1-14.
- Moskaleva, Maria, and Andreas Nieder. “Stable numerosity representations irrespective of magnitude context in macaque prefrontal cortex.” European Journal of Neuroscience (2013).
- Robbins, Ashlee A., Steven E. Fox, Gregory L. Holmes, Rod C. Scott, and Jeremy M. Barry. “Short duration waveforms recorded extracellularly from freely moving rats are representative of axonal activity.” Frontiers in Neural Circuits 7:181, pp. 1-19 (2013).
- Su, Chun-Kuei, Chia-Hsun Chiang, Chia-Ming Lee, Yu-Pei Fan, Chiu-Ming Ho, and Liang-Yu Shyu. “Computational solution of spike overlapping using data-based subtraction algorithms to resolve synchronous sympathetic nerve discharge.” Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience Vol. 7, Article 149 (2013), pp. 1-19
- Veit, Lena, and Andreas Nieder. “Abstract rule neurons in the endbrain support intelligent behaviour in corvid songbirds.” Nature Communications 4 (2013).
- Zhang, Hongmiao, Guifen Chen, Hui Kuang, and Joe Z. Tsien. “Mapping and Deciphering Neural Codes of NMDA Receptor-Dependent Fear Memory Engrams in the Hippocampus.” PloS one Vol. 8, Issue 11 (2013): e79454.
- Zhong, Cheng, Yuanyuan Zhang, Wei He, Pengfei Wei, Yi Lu, Yan Zhu, Li Liu, and Liping Wang. “Multi-unit recording with iridium oxide modified stereotrodes in Drosophila melanogaster.” Journal of Neuroscience Methods (2013).
- Zhu, Hong, Xuehui Tang, Wei Wei, Adel Maklad, William Mustain, Richard Rabbitt, Steve Highstein, Jerome Allison, and Wu Zhou. “Input–Output Functions of Vestibular Afferent Responses to Air-Conducted Clicks in Rats.” Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology (2013): 1-14.
Recent articles published in full print:
- Freeze, Benjamin S., Alexxai V. Kravitz, Nora Hammack, Joshua D. Berke, and Anatol C. Kreitzer. “Control of Basal Ganglia Output by Direct and Indirect Pathway Projection Neurons.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 47 (2013): 18531-18539.
- Jezzini, Ahmad, Luca Mazzucato, Giancarlo La Camera, and Alfredo Fontanini. “Processing of Hedonic and Chemosensory Features of Taste in Medial Prefrontal and Insular Networks.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 48 (2013): 18966-18978.
- Klavir, Oded, Rotem Genud-Gabai, and Rony Paz. “Functional Connectivity between Amygdala and Cingulate Cortex for Adaptive Aversive Learning.” Neuron 80, no. 5 (2013): 1290-1300.
- McCairn, Kevin W., Atsushi Iriki, and Masaki Isoda. “Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tic-Related Neural Activity via Temporal Locking with Stimulus Pulses.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 15 (2013): 6581-6593.
- Richardson, Ben D., Kenneth E. Hancock, and Donald M. Caspary. “Stimulus-specific adaptation in auditory thalamus of young and aged awake rats.” J Neurophysiol 110 (2013): 1892-1902.
- Sani, Ilaria, Elisa Santandrea, Ashkan Golzar, Maria Concetta Morrone, and Leonardo Chelazzi. “Selective Tuning for Contrast in Macaque Area V4.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 47 (2013): 18583-18596.
- Yu, Huaiqiang, Nenggan Zheng, Wei Wang, Shuo Wang, Xiaoxiang Zheng, and Zhihong Li. “Electroplated Nickel Multielectrode Microprobes With Flexible Parylene Cable for Neural Recording and Stimulation.” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Volume:22, Issue: 5, Pages 1199-1206; (2013): 1-1.
- Zhuang, Jun, Carl R. Stoelzel, Yulia Bereshpolova, Joseph M. Huff, Xiaojuan Hei, Jose-Manuel Alonso, and Harvey A. Swadlow. “Layer 4 in primary visual cortex of the awake rabbit: Contrasting properties of simple cells and putative feedforward inhibitory interneurons.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 28 (2013): 11372-11389.