Plexon Technical Support
From the first purchase of a Plexon system, subsystem, component or software package, you will experience Plexon’s unlimited access to lifetime technical support. We are committed to ensuring that you have the most appropriate equipment for your specific research needs, that you are getting the most out of your Plexon equipment, and that we are with you every step of the way for years to come.
If you are uncertain regarding the most appropriate support channel to address your immediate issue, you are invited to use the following as a guide:
|Issue or Need||Go To|
|If you are experiencing problems or have questions regarding your existing Plexon software and/or hardware||Technical support (you are in the right place)|
|Assistance regarding new purchases, modifications, upgrades, customization discussions, and general product information||Sales Support|
|To access the most current releases for any software package offered by Plexon||Software Downloads here on the website|
If you have confirmed that Technical Support is the right avenue for you, we are available via several communication channels to accommodate you as much as possible. You may reach us on the phone or through email.
Phone: +1 (214) 369-4957
8:30AM to 5:00PM Central Time
For any topics that are likely to take some time to resolve, we invite you to schedule an appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will guarantee that we make the best use of your time, and the appropriate resources are dedicated to your needs.
Plexon Warranty and Returns Policy
For decades, Plexon has been known for its high quality, dependable products. We assemble and test each system prior to shipment without exception, and we stand behind all our products once they leave our offices.
Plexon’s official product warranty includes the following:
- All Plexon-manufactured, non-consumable products are backed by a three (3) year parts and labor warranty for manufacturing defects (unless specific product warranty terms are listed below).
- PlexBright items will have a two (2) year parts and labor warranty for manufacturing defects.
- All probes and electrodes must be inspected within 30 days upon delivery – otherwise warranty is voided. Any warranty claims regarding specification deviations or product condition as determined upon inspection, must also be made within 30 days upon delivery.
- N-Form arrays carry no warranty.
- Warranty on pass-through items including but not limited to Dell PCs, NI subsystems, Tektronix oscilloscopes, the Imaging Source cameras, TBSI wireless headstage systems, and nanoZ impedance testers as obtained from the original manufacturer.
- An RMA # must be issued by the Plexon support department prior to any return, and must be included with the return.
- Correct operation of certain Plexon products is not warranted unless the computers on which they reside have been configured by Plexon.
This warranty does not apply to products that have been modified in design or function, subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair.
Plexon also offers Lifetime Technical Support for all our customers at no additional charge. From the first purchase of a Plexon System, subsystem, component or software package, you will have access to Plexon’s Lifetime Technical Support. We are committed to ensuring that you will have the most appropriate equipment for your specific research needs, that you will get the most out of your Plexon equipment, and that we will stick by you every step of the way for years to come.
In the event that a product does need to be returned and/or replaced, simply contact Technical Support for an RMA number prior to sending the item back. The RMA number will be required with the part upon receipt at Plexon. Some items such as connectors, headstages and others may incur a 30 percent restocking fee. In most cases, the customer pays for the shipping back to Plexon, and we pay for the shipping of the replacement part back to you.
Due to the extreme variety of computer systems and the rate at which computer systems evolve, Plexon reserves the right to charge for the service of configuring any computer that was not purchased from Plexon so that it may work with Plexon data acquisition systems, to charge for the service of re-configuring any computer system, purchased from Plexon or not, in the event that the system disk, operating system, or major accessories have changed, or to decline to perform such services altogether. Plexon does not warrant the correct operation of and does not provide support for computer systems that have not been configured by Plexon.