Plexon Inc Launches NeuroExplorer® v5.0 on June 30, 2014
May 28, 2014
DALLAS, TX — (May 28, 2014) – Plexon Inc, the leader in advanced hardware and software solutions for neuroscience and behavioral research, announces the much anticipated launch of NeuroExplorer® version 5.0 on June 30, 2014 in less than five weeks.
NeuroExplorer® is a neurophysiological data analysis package that supports sophisticated analyses and generates professional presentation of the results. It is the undisputed industry gold standard in data analysis programs cited by more than 1,700 scientific publications. Version 5.0 is a truly significant expansion of functionality over the previous version – seven years in the making! Some of the most significant advances include:
- Vastly improved spectral analyses of spike trains and continuous channels including single taper and multi-taper calculations of spectra, six available windowing functions, three preprocessing options, jackknife confidence, the ability to replicate MATLAB® spectral calculations, up to 10 times faster calculation of spectral results, and more.
- New analyses of continuous data (LFP) such as perievent rasters, power spectra, coherence, single trial spectrum analysis, and phase analysis using Hilbert Transform.
- New digital filtering options for continuous data including seven new IIR and FIR filters.
- New spike train analyses featuring firing rate vs. head direction and single trial rate estimation via adaptive kernels.
- New statistical tests (T-tests, Wilcoxon tests, ANOVA and user-added tests by writing R-scripts) comparing results across conditions that can be implemented via integration with R-script.
- Immediate preview of data when a data file is loaded.
- New 64-bit build enabling loading/analyzing multi-gigabyte data files and displaying hundreds of millions of rows.
- New .NEX5 data file format that is more flexible than the previous .NEX format such that it allows saving files greater than 2GB and saves unlimited metadata for the whole file and for every file variable in JSON format.
- Enhanced ability to save and restore results such that it saves all numerical and graphical results in a series of linked files, and a user can open results files without recalculation, as well as replicate results.
- More efficient processing as computationally demanding analyses are run in parallel using all CPU cores.
- Localized language such that any language can be used in file names, file comments and variable names.
For a quote on new NeuroExplorer v5.0 single or three-seat licensing packages, or for upgrades from any prior version of NeuroExplorer, contact email@example.com.
About Plexon Inc
Plexon is a pioneer and leading innovator of custom, high performance data acquisition, behavior and analysis solutions specifically designed for scientific research. We collaborate with and supply thousands of customers including the most prestigious neuroscience laboratories around the globe driving new frontiers in areas including basic science, brain-machine interfaces (BMI), neurodegenerative diseases, addictive behaviors and neuroprosthetics. Plexon offers integrated solutions for in vivo neurophysiology, optogenetics and behavioral research — backed by its industry-leading commitment to quality and customer support. plexon.com.