PlexBright™ Optogenetic Stimulation System Pricing
September 25, 2013
DALLAS, TX — (September 25, 2013) – Plexon Inc, the leader in advanced hardware and software solutions for neuroscience and behavioral research, announces the close of PlexBright™ Optogenetic Stimulation System introductory pricing on December 31, 2013 following more than two years of product introductions.
In 2011, Plexon launched the PlexBright Optogenetic Stimulation System providing an innovative, economical and turnkey approach to performing acute or chronic optogenetic stimulation with LED technology. Advantages of the PlexBright System relative to laser technology include:
- Economical entry into optogenetic research: an ideal offering to support broad experimentation and refinement of knowledge and/or technique at a very low introductory price point.
- Exceptional light intensities and stability: highly effective penetration into brain tissue with more stable and higher frequency pulse patterns compared with a laser source.
- Fast response time: sub-millisecond response times.
- Compact size: the overall footprint is significantly smaller than what is required for a laser system set-up.
- Significantly lower cost: lower cost approach by an order of magnitude when compared to adequate laser systems, stretching budgets further and expanding research opportunities.
- Lifetime, world-class support: lifetime access to Plexon’s industry-leading Technical Support team is included with the purchase of any Plexon software or equipment.
Initially, the system was launched with the LD-1 Single Channel LED Driver, blue and green Table-top LED Modules and an assortment of Optical Patch Cables. Plexon now proudly offers:
- PlexBright 4 Channel Optogenetic Controller: sophisticated, four channel, pattern generating driver controlled via the Radiant™ software GUI, capable of driving either LED or laser output.
- PlexBright LD-1 Single Channel LED Driver: economical, stand-alone signal driver capable of precisely modulating light intensity to support unilateral or bilateral stimulation.
- PlexBright LED Modules: a full spectrum of wavelengths offering output stable, precisely-controllable light for effectively targeting a range of opsins; available in either Table-top size or Compact size (use with a commutator).
- The PlexBright Dual LED Commutator: light-weight commutator that supports up to two, uniquely engineered, compact, high-intensity LED modules that can easily be interchanged in seconds.
- PlexBright Optical Patch Cables: high-performance optical patch cables available with either a Bare Fiber tip ideal for acute or in vitro experiments, an FC Ferrule tip for chronic use with rats and other larger animals, or an LC Ferrule tip supporting chronic research with mice, rats and other small animals. They are also offered with LED Module-specific connectors, varying lengths, and reinforcement utilizing flexible stainless steel jacketing.
- PlexBright Fiber Stub Implants: high performance implantable optical fibers designed for chronic in vivo stimulation available with a choice in ferrule types, two fiber diameters and various lengths for targeting various regions of the brain.
- PlexBright Optical Fiber Cleaning Kit: minimizes potential damage unintentionally inflicted by cleaning, and extends the life of the fiber connections and tips.
Plexon introduced the PlexBright System at a very low price point to stimulate interest and gain significant cross-industry experience with its products. Following several years of development, hundreds of products tested in research labs under countless scenarios, and a proven product confidence backed by many labs around the world, Plexon will be raising prices slightly enabling the continuation of product line research and development. Introductory pricing expires December 31, 2013. To take advantage of this year’s pricing, an order must be placed with Plexon by December 31, 2013 by either a submitted credit card form (found online) or a Purchase Order. Plexon quotes are typically valid for 90 days; however, pricing for PlexBright line items on quotes generated in 2013 will be valid until December 31, 2013.
Plexon recommends placing orders as early as possible to ensure the most advantageous pricing for your lab. Although introductory pricing will expire, the PlexBright System’s much more cost effective LED-based technology will remain an excellent – even superior – financial and operational option over lasers. Researchers will still often find the PlexBright System pricing to be as much as an order of magnitude more attractive than other options, as Plexon maintains its targeted effort to assist our customers’ advancement into the realm of optogenetic research at an attractive quality level and a more reasonable price point.
Harvey W. Wiggins, President, shares “Plexon is grateful to the many researchers who have tested and guided the careful development of the PlexBright products over the past four to five years, and those who will continue to do so. Together, we will continue to develop the necessary tools to more effectively unlock the secrets of the brain.”
For more information about PlexBright Optogenetic Stimulation System options, visit the website at plexon.com and download the PlexBright Optogenetic Stimulation System Guide.
About Plexon Inc
Plexon is a pioneer and leading innovator of custom, high performance data acquisition, behavior and analysis solutions specifically designed for scientific research. We collaborate with and supply thousands of customers including the most prestigious neuroscience laboratories around the globe driving new frontiers in areas including basic science, brain-machine interfaces (BMI), neurodegenerative diseases, addictive behaviors and neuroprosthetics. Plexon offers integrated solutions for in vivo neurophysiology, optogenetics and behavioral research — backed by its industry-leading commitment to quality and customer support. plexon.com.