PlexStim™ Electrical Stimulator 2.0
Good news for PlexStim™ Electrical Stimulator 2.0 users! Not only are you now able to download the product software online, but there is a new SDK available as well. This new install includes updated drivers, so we recommend that everyone with the Stimulator 2.0 downloads this release. Additionally, the SDK is not available separately, so the complete install should be performed to gain access to the SDK. The download is available via the PlexStim Electrical Stimulator 2.0 page or in the support section of the website under Software Downloads, Product Specific, PlexStim Electrical Stimulator 2.0.
Workshop Early Registration Deadline –
April 29 – May 2, 2013; Dallas, Texas, USA
The Annual Plexon Neurophysiology Workshop is now 65% SOLD OUT and early registration pricing ends this weekend on March 31. To receive the early registration price, a Registration Form and payment must be received by the deadline. Registration will remain open through April at the standard registration price as long as seats are still available.
The following details the program day by day:
Monday, April 29
Tuesday, April 30
OmniPlex Guest Speaker – Matt Bauman
Keynote Speaker – Doug Weber
PlexBright Optogenetics Workshop
PlexBright Guest Speaker – Cyril Herry
Wednesday, May 1
CinePlex Guest Speaker – Sanjay Anand
Offline Sorter Workshop
PlexStim™ Electrical Stimulator Workshop
Thursday, May 2
Probes and Electrodes Workshop
U-Probe Guest Speaker – Luca Bonini
We welcome any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Let us know about your 2013 publication citing Plexon and our equipment and we will send you a thank you award with a mug and a T-shirt! Send notices, address and T-shirt size to email@example.com.
All articles listed are alphabetical based on first author within two categories: articles published online in electronic-only journals or ahead of print, and articles published in full print.
Recent articles published online in electronic-only journals or ahead of print:
- Arnold, Maria M., Janusz Szczepanski Noelia Montejo, Jose M. Amigo, Eliguisz Wajnryb, and Maria V. Sanchez-Vives. “Information content in cortical spike trains during brain state transitions.” Journal of Sleep Research 22, no. 1 (2013): 13-21.
- Belle, Anna Marie, Catarina A. Owesson-White, Natalie Rios Herr, Regina M. Carelli, and Robert Mark Wightman. “Controlled Iontophoresis Coupled with Fast-scan Cyclic Voltammetry/Electrophysiology in Awake, Freely-moving Animals.” ACS Chemical Neuroscience.
- Bellistri, Elisa, Juan Aguilar, Jorge R. Brotons‐Mas, Guglielmo Foffani, and Liset Menendez de la Prida. “Basic properties of somatosensory‐evoked responses in the dorsal hippocampus of the rat.” The Journal of Physiology (2013).
- Berger, Theodore W., Dong Song, Vasilis Z. Marmarelis, Jeff LaCoss, Jack Wills, Greg A. Gerhardt, John J. Granacki, Robert E. Hampson, and Sam A. Deadwyler. “Reverse Engineering the Brain: A Hippocampal Cognitive Prosthesis for Repair and Enhancement of Memory Function.” In Neural Engineering, pp. 725-764. Springer US, 2013.
- Bonifazi, Paolo, Francesco Difato, Paolo Massobrio, Gian L. Breschi, Valentina Pasquale, Timothée Levi, Miri Goldin et al. “In vitro large-scale experimental and theoretical studies for the realization of bi-directional brain-prostheses.” Frontiers in Neural Circuits 7 (2013).
- Burgos-Robles, Anthony, Hector Bravo-Rivera, and Gregory J. Quirk. “Prelimbic and Infralimbic Neurons Signal Distinct Aspects of Appetitive Instrumental Behavior.” PLOS ONE 8, no. 2 (2013): e57575.
- Carroll, Michael S., and Jan-Marino Ramirez. “Cycle-by-cycle assembly of respiratory network activity is dynamic and stochastic.” Journal of Neurophysiology 109, no. 2 (2013): 296-305.
- Clements, Isaac P., Andrew G. Gnade, Alexander D. Rush, Craig D. Patten, Mark C. Twomey, and Alexxai V. Kravitz. “Miniaturized LED sources for in vivo optogenetic experimentation.” In SPIE BiOS, pp. 85860X-85860X. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2013.
- Hancock, Kenneth E., Yoojin Chung, and Bertrand Delgutte. “Congenital and Prolonged Adult-Onset Deafness Cause Distinct Degradations in Neural ITD Coding with Bilateral Cochlear Implants.” Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology (2013): 1-19.
- Hass, Charles A., and Gregory D. Horwitz. “V1 mechanisms underlying chromatic contrast detection.” Journal of Neurophysiology (2013).
- Hayden, Benjamin Y., and Jack L. Gallant. “Working memory and decision processes in visual area V4.” Frontiers in Neuroscience 7 (2013).
- Huang, Jian-Jia, Chen-Tung Yen, Tzu-Lan Liu, Hen-Wai Tsao, Ju-Wei Hsu, and Meng-Li Tsai. “Effects of dopamine D2 agonist quinpirole on neuronal activity of anterior cingulate cortex and striatum in rats.” Psychopharmacology (2013): 1-8.
- Jarlier, Frédéric, Angelo Arleo, Geraldine H. Petit, Julie M. Lefort, Céline Fouquet, Eric Burguière, and Laure Rondi-Reig. “A Navigation Analysis Tool (NAT) to assess spatial behavior in open-field and structured mazes.” Journal of Neuroscience Methods (2013).
- Kaliukhovich, Dzmitry A., Wouter De Baene, and Rufin Vogels. “Effect of Adaptation on Object Representation Accuracy in Macaque Inferior Temporal Cortex.” Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience Early Access (2013): 777-789.
- Knaack, Gretchen L., Hamid Charkhkar, Franz W. Hamilton, Nathalia Peixoto, Thomas J. O’Shaughnessy, and Joseph J. Pancrazio. “Differential Responses to ω-Agatoxin IVA in Murine Frontal Cortex and Spinal Cord Derived Neuronal Networks.” NeuroToxicology (2013).
- London, Brian M., and Lee E. Miller. “Responses of somatosensory area 2 neurons to actively and passively generated limb movements.” Journal of Neurophysiology 109, no. 6 (2013): 1505-1513.
- Long, John D., and Jose M. Carmena. “Dynamic changes of rodent somatosensory barrel cortex are correlated with learning a novel conditioned stimulus.” Journal of Neurophysiology (2013).
- Mohanty, Samarendra K., and Nitish V. Thakor. “Optogenetics: Optical Methods for Cellular Control.” In Proc. of SPIE Vol, vol. 8586, pp. 858601-1. 2013.
- Nassi, Jonathan J., Ali H. Cetin, Anna W. Roe, Edward M. Callaway, Karl Deisseroth, and John H. Reynolds. “A precise and minimally invasive approach to optogenetics in the awake primate.” In SPIE BiOS, pp. 85860A-85860A. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2013.
- Pais-Vieira, Miguel, Mikhail Lebedev, Carolina Kunicki, Jing Wang, and Miguel AL Nicolelis. “A Brain-to-Brain Interface for Real-Time Sharing of Sensorimotor Information.” Scientific Reports 3 (2013).
- Phillips, Jessica M., Martin Vinck, Stefan Everling, and Thilo Womelsdorf. “A Long-Range Fronto-Parietal 5-to 10-Hz Network Predicts “Top-Down” Controlled Guidance in a Task-Switch Paradigm.” Cerebral Cortex (2013).
- Ray, Supratim, Amy M. Ni, and John HR Maunsell. “Strength of Gamma Rhythm Depends on Normalization.” PLoS biology 11, no. 2 (2013): e1001477.
- Richert, Micah, Thomas D. Albright, and Bart Krekelberg. “The complex structure of receptive fields in the middle temporal area.” Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience 7 (2013): 2.
- Srejic, Luka R., Taufik A. Valiante, Michelle M. Aarts, and William D. Hutchison. “High-frequency cortical activity associated with postischemic epileptiform discharges in an in vivo rat focal stroke model: Laboratory investigation.” Journal of Neurosurgery (2013): 1-9.
- Tejeda, Hector, Ting Li, and Samarendra Mohanty. “Comparison between Bessel and Gaussian beam propagation for in-depth optogenetic stimulation.” In SPIE BiOS, pp. 85860G-85860G. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2013.
- Welsh, John P., Josef Turecek, and Eric E. Turner. “Evaluating cerebellar functions using optogenetic transgenic mice.” In SPIE BiOS, pp. 85860C-85860C. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2013.
- Wunderle, Thomas, David Eriksson, and Kerstin E. Schmidt. “Multiplicative Mechanism of Lateral Interactions Revealed by Controlling Interhemispheric Input.” Cerebral Cortex 23, no. 4 (2013): 900-912.
Recent articles published in full print:
- Chen, Chih-Yang, and Ziad M. Hafed. “Postmicrosaccadic Enhancement of Slow Eye Movements.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 12 (2013): 5375-5386.
- Dzirasa, Kafui, Sunil Kumar, Benjamin D. Sachs, Marc G. Caron, and Miguel AL Nicolelis. “Cortical–Amygdalar Circuit Dysfunction in a Genetic Mouse Model of Serotonin Deficiency.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 10 (2013): 4505-4513.
- Hernandez, Ledia F., Yasuo Kubota, Dan Hu, Mark W. Howe, Nuné Lemaire, and Ann M. Graybiel. “Selective Effects of Dopamine Depletion and L-DOPA Therapy on Learning-Related Firing Dynamics of Striatal Neurons.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 11 (2013): 4782-4795.
- Khodagholy, Dion, Thomas Doublet, Pascale Quilichini, Moshe Gurfinkel, Pierre Leleux, Antoine Ghestem, Esma Ismailova et al. “In vivo recordings of brain activity using organic transistors.” Nature Communications 4 (2013): 1575.
- Lee, Seung Bae, Ming Yin, Joseph R. Manns, and Maysam Ghovanloo. “A Wideband Dual-Antenna Receiver for Wireless Recording from Animals Behaving in Large Arenas.” (2013): 1
- Ma, Chaofei, Xiaochuan Pan, Rubin Wang, and Masamichi Sakagami. “Estimating causal interaction between prefrontal cortex and striatum by transfer entropy.” Cognitive Neurodynamics: 1-9.
- Pais-Vieira, Miguel, Mikhail A. Lebedev, Michael C. Wiest, and Miguel AL Nicolelis. “Simultaneous Top-down Modulation of the Primary Somatosensory Cortex and Thalamic Nuclei during Active Tactile Discrimination.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 9 (2013): 4076-4093.
- Rishel, Chris A., Gang Huang, and David J. Freedman. “Independent Category and Spatial Encoding in Parietal Cortex.” Neuron 77, no. 5 (2013): 969-979.
- Sangha, Susan, James Z. Chadick, and Patricia H. Janak. “Safety Encoding in the Basal Amygdala.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 9 (2013): 3744-3751.
- Smith, Matthew A., Xiaoxuan Jia, Amin Zandvakili, and Adam Kohn. “Laminar dependence of neuronal correlations in visual cortex.” Journal of Neurophysiology 109, no. 4 (2013): 940-947.
- Sun, Yujiao J., Young-Joo Kim, Leena A. Ibrahim, Huizhong W. Tao, and Li I. Zhang. “Synaptic Mechanisms Underlying Functional Dichotomy between Intrinsic-Bursting and Regular-Spiking Neurons in Auditory Cortical Layer 5.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 12 (2013): 5326-5339.
- Totah, Nelson KB, Mark E. Jackson, and Bita Moghaddam. “Preparatory attention relies on dynamic interactions between prelimbic cortex and anterior cingulate cortex.” Cerebral Cortex 23, no. 3 (2013): 729-738.
- Whitt, Jessica L., Radi Masri, Nisha S. Pulimood, and Asaf Keller. “Pathological Activity in Mediodorsal Thalamus of Rats with Spinal Cord Injury Pain.” The Journal of Neuroscience 33, no. 9 (2013): 3915-3926.