Integrated Offering with Lafayette at Experimental Biology
February 26, 2015
DALLAS, TX — (February 26, 2015) – Plexon Inc, the leader in advanced hardware and software solutions for neuroscience and behavioral research, announces participation at the Experimental Biology 2015 conference for the first time. Plexon will be located inside the Lafayette/Campden Instruments booth where products from both companies will be showcased in an integrated, fully-functional demonstration.
The multi-system demo will combine the PlexBright® Optogenetic Stimulation System and the CineLyzer™ Behavioral Research System for video tracking and analysis with a modular operant chamber. The specific components to be featured include:
- Lafayette Modular Test Chamber for Rats
- Lafayette Modular Wall Extension with Overhead Commutator Mounting
- Lafayette ABET Mini I/O Module Connection Block
- Lafayette Peristaltic Pump for Liquid Reward
- Lafayette 45mg Pellet Dispenser for Modular Chambers
- Lafayette Liquid/Pellet Trough for Modular Chamber with Head Entry
- Plexon CineLyzer Behavior Analysis System with a color, USB camera
- Plexon PlexBright 4 Channel Optogenetic Controller with Radiant 2.0
- Plexon PlexBright Dual LED Commutator
- Plexon PlexBright Compact LED Modules
- Plexon PlexBright Optical Patch Cables with LC ferrule stimulation tips
Attendees will have a chance to observe how when an animal crosses specified zones or a sequence of zones generating a defined event, CineLyzer sends a TTL signal(s) to either the 4 Channel Optogenetic Controller initiating the specified stimulation pattern or a reward dispenser. This particular list of components within the chamber itself allows for the user to provide liquid or pellet reward to the rat via the reward trough. Small LEDs inside the trough can be illuminated to alert the animals of the reward.
The system as displayed may be expanded to incorporate neural recording and other modular components such as a lever, stimulus lights, nose pokes and tone generators for more complex behavioral testing. Researchers are invited to stop by and inquire about a custom, integrated solution for their experiments.
About Plexon Inc
Plexon is a pioneer and leading innovator of custom, high performance data acquisition, behavior and analysis solutions specifically designed for scientific research. We collaborate with and supply thousands of customers including the most prestigious neuroscience laboratories around the globe driving new frontiers in areas including basic science, brain-machine interfaces (BMI), neurodegenerative diseases, addictive behaviors and neuroprosthetics. Plexon offers integrated solutions for in vivo neurophysiology, optogenetics and behavioral research — backed by its industry-leading commitment to quality and customer support. plexon.com.