Integrated CineLyzer™ and PlexBright Systems
October 22, 2014
DALLAS, TEXAS — (October 22, 2014) – Plexon Inc, the leader in advanced hardware and software solutions for neuroscience and behavioral research, reveals the first fully integrated and operational CineLyzer™ Behavior Research System, PlexBright® Optogenetic Stimulation System and Lafayette Instrument Co. operant chamber at Neuroscience 2014 in Washington, DC next month.
Earlier this year, Plexon and Lafayette announced plans to integrate Plexon’s systems into a variety of Lafayette’s operant and other chambers. The interest has been exciting! Building on that enthusiasm, Plexon will showcase a fully operational, multi-system, integrated set-up in their booth. The components to be demonstrated include:
- Lafayette Modular Test Chamber for Rats
- Lafayette Modular Wall Extension with Overhead Commutator Mounting
- Lafayette ABET Mini I/O Module Connection Block
- Lafayette Peristaltic Pump for Liquid Reward
- Lafayette 45mg Pellet Dispenser for Modular Chambers
- Lafayette Liquid/Pellet Trough for Modular Chamber with Head Entry
- Plexon CineLyzer Behavior Analysis System with a color, USB camera
- Plexon PlexBright 4 Channel Optogenetic Controller with Radiant 2.0 Software
- Plexon PlexBright Dual LED Commutator
- Plexon PlexBright Compact LED Modules
- Plexon PlexBright Optical Patch Cables with LC Ferrule stimulation tips
The setup is even complete with a conference-friendly HEXBUG® to demonstrate the systems in action. Attendees will have a chance to observe how when an animal crosses specified zones or sequence of zones generating a defined event, CineLyzer sends a TTL signal(s) to either the PlexBright 4 Channel Optogenetic Controller initiating the specified stimulation pattern or a reward dispenser. This particular list of components within the chamber itself allows for the user to provide liquid or pellet reward to the “rat” via the reward trough. Small LEDs inside the trough can be illuminated to alert the animals of the reward. The integrated setup as displayed may be expanded to incorporate neural recording and other modular components such as a lever, stimulus lights, nose pokes and tone generators for more complex behavioral testing. Attendees are invited to stop by booth #1823 to learn more.
About Plexon Inc
Plexon is a pioneer and leading innovator of custom, high performance data acquisition, behavior and analysis solutions specifically designed for scientific research. We collaborate with and supply thousands of customers including the most prestigious neuroscience laboratories around the globe driving new frontiers in areas including basic science, brain-machine interfaces (BMI), neurodegenerative diseases, addictive behaviors and neuroprosthetics. Plexon offers integrated solutions for in vivo neurophysiology, optogenetics and behavioral research — backed by its industry-leading commitment to quality and customer support. plexon.com.