Guest Speakers for 4th Annual Neurophysiology Workshop
February 28, 2013
DALLAS, TX — (February 28, 2013) – Plexon Inc, the leader in advanced hardware and software solutions for neuroscience and behavioral research, announces the slate of honored guest speakers for the 4th Annual Plexon Neurophysiology Workshop to be held in Dallas, Texas on April 29 through May 2, 2013.
Each of the following distinguished presenters will be sharing their personal experiences working with the Plexon equipment, detailing tips and best practices for the best outcome:
- 30th Anniversary Keynote Speaker: Douglas Weber, Principal Investigator of the Rehab Neural Engineering Lab, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the University of Pittsburgh;
- PlexBright™ Optogenetic Stimulation System Workshop Speaker: Cyril Herry, Principal Investigator of the Mangendie Neurocenter, Pathophysiology of Neural Plasticity Department at the Université Bordeaux Segalen;
- OmniPlex® Neural Data Acquisition System Workshop Speaker: Matthew Bauman from the Rehab Neural Engineering Lab, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the University of Pittsburgh;
- CinePlex® Behavioral Research System Workshop Speaker: Sanjay Anand of the Regenerative Neurobiology Lab, Department of Bioengineering at the University of Texas at Arlington;
- U-Probe Workshop Speaker: Luca Bonini of the Brain Center for Social and Motor Cognition at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT).
“We have brought together the most diverse panel of speakers to date for this event. The Annual Neurophysiology Workshop is all about serving the research community – helping researchers get the most out of the equipment so they can spend more time dedicated to the uniqueness each individual brings to the science,” shared Harvey Wiggins, President. “This workshop is especially important as Plexon celebrates 30 years of such service. Accordingly, we are honored to have this panel of researchers representing some of the most respected labs around the world as part of the 30th Anniversary.”
The Workshop is already 30% SOLD OUT in the first 3 weeks of open registration, so do not wait to register! To ensure an extensive, hands-on experience, registration is limited to 40 people with several seats set aside for MAP System users. Additional details and the Registration Form are posted online at plexon.com.
About Plexon Inc
Plexon is a pioneer and leading innovator of custom, high performance data acquisition, behavior and analysis solutions specifically designed for scientific research. We collaborate with and supply thousands of customers including the most prestigious neuroscience laboratories around the globe driving new frontiers in areas including basic science, brain-machine interfaces (BMI), neurodegenerative diseases, addictive behaviors and neuroprosthetics. Plexon offers integrated solutions for in vivo neurophysiology, optogenetics, and behavioral research — backed by its industry-leading commitment to quality and customer support. plexon.com.