CineLAB™ Video Tracking System
October 07, 2015
DALLAS, TX — (October 07, 2015) – Plexon Inc, the leader in advanced hardware and software solutions for neuroscience and behavioral research, announces a late-breaking opportunity for attendees of Neuroscience 2015 in Chicago, Illinois to witness an active demonstration of Plexon’s CineLAB™ Behavioral Research System (CineLAB System) operating within a Bussey-Saksida Touch Screen Mouse Chamber offered by Lafayette Instrument Company (Lafayette).
For years, Plexon has been known for its CinePlex® Behavioral Research System that was developed specifically for use in conjunction with high resolution neural recording. The CineLAB System is a completely different product for a completely different researcher.
The CineLAB System is specially designed for those performing multiple trials with multiple animals. Leveraging its comprehensive experimental database for easy capture and manipulation of data, the CineLAB System digitally records and tracks activity while effortlessly computing and displaying the analysis in real time as it evolves. It offers the novice or experienced researcher so much including:
- The ability to modify parameters (such as zones, events and trial groupings) and the program automatically recalculates results without having to retrack the video,
- Start/stop recording triggered via external signals or timed,
- Trial grouping for visualizations and future analysis,
- The extended ability to customize data descriptors and labels,
- 12 digital inputs and another 12 digital outputs for interfacing with third party equipment,
- Flexibility for use in almost any environment, and
- Prepared integration with Lafayette operant chambers and Bussey-Saksida Touch Screen Chambers.
At this year’s Neuroscience conference, Plexon and Lafayette have prepared an active demonstration of not only the power of the CineLAB System, but also as it would integrate into the Bussey-Saksida Touch Screen Chamber. Researchers will have a chance to observe how a mouse performs a training protocol in the touch screen chamber. When the mouse touches the correct image it is rewarded with a pellet, or when it touches the wrong image it is punished with the house light. The training protocol will be controlled by Lafayette’s ABET software. The CineLAB System will be tracking the animal and automatically detecting its center of gravity. It will also record and analyze the animal’s behavior (thigmotaxis, time spent in different parts of the chamber, times approaching and touching correct and incorrect images, and more).
The fully operational, multi-system, integrated set-up contains the following components:
- Lafayette Bussey-Saksida Mouse Touch Screen Chamber,
- Lafayette Sound Attenuation Chamber,
- Lafayette Peristaltic Pump for Liquid Reward,
- Lafayette Pellet Dispenser,
- Lafayette ABET II Touch software with TTL integration,
- Plexon CineLAB™ System with additional CineTracker™ and CineLyzer™ Options, and
- Plexon Color USB Camera.
A second integrated, fully functional demonstration will be available at the Lafayette booth in which Plexon’s CineLAB and PlexBright® Optogenetic Stimulation Systems have been integrated into a Lafayette operant chamber with an active reward system. Both are great demonstrations that should not be missed!
For more information, stop by the Plexon booth #1163 or email email@example.com.
About Plexon Inc
Plexon is a pioneer and leading innovator of custom, high performance data acquisition, behavior and analysis solutions specifically designed for scientific research. We collaborate with and supply thousands of customers including the most prestigious neuroscience laboratories around the globe driving new frontiers in areas including basic science, brain-machine interfaces (BMI), neurodegenerative diseases, addictive behaviors and neuroprosthetics. Plexon offers integrated solutions for in vivo neurophysiology, optogenetics and behavioral research — backed by its industry-leading commitment to quality and customer support. www.plexon.com.