Why CineLyzer over other competitor products?
- Customizable Arena Settings – Arenas can be drawn and modified to virtually any shape for a variety of apparatuses (e.g., Elevated plus maze, watermaze, T-maze), and modifications can even be made post-recording!
- Tracking in Zones and Zone Sequences – Use zones for tracking in specific locations, on or around objects, or specific paths of movement through the arena for sophisticated behavioral paradigms. Like the arenas, zones can be defined either pre or post-recording for maximal flexibility!
- Real-Time Tracking and Behavioral Analyses – speed, distance traveled, time in zones or zone sequences and number of zone/sequence entries are automatically computed.
- Interface with External Equipment – use the CineLyzer digital input/output device with live video recording to use positional data, speed, movement trajectories, or head direction to turn on/off external devices (e.g., pellet dispensers or LEDs) for a wide range of behavioral paradigms including: watermaze tracking, radial maze tracking, t maze tracking, conditioning experiments, operant tasks, elevated plus maze, or place preference assays.
- Tracking via three methods: contour, LED, or with (up to 12) color markers
- And what we consider to be of utmost importance is that with Plexon you get a knowledgeable sales team with behavioral research experience, as well as detailed support with your purchases, be it CineLyzer or any one of our other neuroscience research systems