The next generation of multichannel, high-density neural recording
Over the past two decades, researchers using arrays like the Utah array have faced limitations in recording large populations of neurons, including an inability to reach deep brain structures and low-dimensional recordings. Neurons aren’t exclusively arranged laterally on a 2D space, so why should that be all an electrode array can cover?
We teamed up with Modular Bionics to address these limitations with the N-Form array. The N-Form is a customizable 3D array exclusively offered by Plexon. It is compatible with non-Plexon systems, and is priced similar to standard linear arrays.
With the N-Form, neuroscientists have the power to chose from a number of recording sites in a three-dimensional space.
Fill out the form below to learn more about how the N-Form could help you meet your research needs:
N-Form Array features & benefits
- High-density, multichannel configuration
- Up to 100 channels can be defined within a three-dimensional space
- Customizable designs in terms of length and location of recording sites
- High-quality neural recordings accessible immediately after implantation
- Floating neural interface
- Excellent stability in acute and chronic applications
- Various connector options are available
What makes the N-Form superior to the Utah array?
- The N-Form allows for targeting large volumes of neurons across layers and columns of the cortex
- Combines features of the Utah array and linear arrays, such as the Plexon V-Probe, for chronic, 3D volumetric recordings
- The high-density design and floating interface allows for longterm, chronic recordings
- Researchers are in control of defining location of electrode sites on each probe:
N-Form Array example applications
Electrical recording and stimulation of:
- Motor cortex
- Sensory cortex
- Spinal cord
- Peripheral nerve fibers
- and more..
Researchers are in control of defining location of electrode sites on each probe:
N-Form Array connector selection
The insertion tool is easily adaptable to many types of microdrives / inserters. Inserting your high-density microelectrode array into brain, spinal-cord and peripheral-nerve tissue is a high-speed, straightforward procedure
N-Form and Modular Bionics are trademarks of Modular Bionics Inc. U.S Patent No. 9,095,267