Division: Center for Precision Environmental Healt
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: $38,212 – $51,683
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Requisition ID: 15755
The Arey Lab in the Center for Precision Environmental Health is looking for a talented individual to join the team. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated with existing research experience capable of independently preparing and organizing lab reagents, performing experiments, and record keeping.
- Order reagents for the laboratory and communicates with vendors when necessary.
- Help maintain organization of lab protocols, reagents, and C. elegans strains.
- Analyze data along with generating figures of results.
- Perform complex procedures and refine protocols required for specific research projects.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Present and discuss results of experiments in laboratory group meeting sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Applicants should have familiarity with laboratory techniques, and previous professional experience related to working in a biological laboratory and with C. elegans is preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology is preferred.
- Candidate should also keep a detailed laboratory manual.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bcm.edu.