Website Boston University
We are hiring a Staff-Level Data Scientist to be involved in several multi-year BRAIN Initiative related NIH and NSF funded projects. These projects focus on understanding cortical computation during behavior by combining behavior, genomics, spatial transcriptomics, anatomical reconstructions, and large-scale population recordings. This person will be involved in help to analyze experimental data, developing software tools to aid in the data analysis, and helping with data infrastructure and management.
Specific Projects include:
- Analysis of genomic data.
- Image analysis for in situ sequencing of gene expression.
- Automated behavioral training and video analysis.
- Analysis of dense electron microscope reconstructions of neuronal connectivity (ie. Connectomics).
- BA/BS degree (MS/PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience or related technical field.
- One to three years of academic or professional experience.
- Programming experience in MATLAB, Python, and R is required.
- Extensive background in either genomic analysis, image analysis, computer vision, or machine learning is preferred.
If interested in applying, please submit a CV along with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit chen-lab.org.